FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spring Renovation Challenge Official Rules
Entries for our Spring Renovation Challenge will be accepted from 3/1/2018 until 3/19/2018. To enter the competition, visit JeffreyCourthd.com/SRC-18. Up to twenty (20) competitors will be selected for the Jeffrey Court sponsored Spring Renovation Challenge. Finalists will be chosen in a bracket-style weekly beginning 4/11/2018 until 5/10/2018. At the end of the competition period, the two finalists will be judged by a third party to select an overall winner. The grand prize winner will be announced 5/14/2018.
In your entry be sure to include a description of your project and what product(s) you’d like to use for the competition.
1st Prize: Five Thousand Dollar cash prize ($5,000)
How the Spring Renovation Challenge entries will be judged?
- Let’s be honest, we’re picture people, photo quality is first and foremost. The more professionally lit, staged, and photographed each entry is the greater it will enhance the chances of that entry being chosen as a weekly finalist. Multiple photos also help us see the project in its entirety. Creativity, resourcefulness and planning/organization are also key factors.
- Originality is key. How Jeffrey Court product(s) are used, and where they are used receives major bonus points. Flex your design muscles and show us something that will blow our socks off.
- Jeffrey Court products are used as the primary material in each entry.
Who are the Judges?
- Weekly finalist will be chosen by our DIY Influencer team and professional designers.
SPRING RENOVATION CHALLENGE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES – NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up at the online contest page and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of The United States of America and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Jeffrey Court, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Jeffrey Court, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about March 1, 2018 and ending May 10, 2018. All online entries must be received by March 19th, 2018 11:59PM PT.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on the Contest site. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Jeffrey Court, Inc. You must fill in the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Jeffrey Court, Inc.
- Prizes: Grand Prize winner will receive – One payment of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Jeffrey Court, Inc. to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Finalists will be chosen weekly from 4/11/2018 to 5/10/2018 in a bracket-style format. The grand prize winner will be announced: 5/14/2018. Jeffrey Court, Inc. shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within fifteen (15) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that anyone acting on behalf of Jeffrey Court, Inc. or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Jeffrey Court, Inc. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Jeffrey Court, Inc. Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Jeffrey Court, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses or votes from IP addresses outside of the United States of America and Canada; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Votes generated by script, macro, or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the voting process will be void. Votes from IP addresses outside of the United States of America and Canada are automatically void and will be subtracted after polls close. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Jeffrey Court’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Jeffrey Court, Inc. in its sole discretion. Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, slander, or harass any other person or publish, distribute, and disseminate printed and/or digital content that Jeffrey Court, Inc. deems negative. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Jeffrey Court, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Jeffrey Court, Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Jeffrey Court, Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Jeffrey Court, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Jeffrey Court, Inc. 620 Parkridge Avenue, Norco, CA. 92860